I am registered with ravelry.com and love it! It is a place to put pictures of your projects with a timeline on how long it took you to complete the project, what needles and yarn you used, patterns, etc. It also has an inventory section to keep track of needles, libraries, blogs, groups, favorite projects, friends, etc. It is an awesome way to keep track of your works in progress as well as your completed masterpieces.
Here's a little background on my knitting: My great grandmother used to knit and crochet when I was all of 4 years old. I would sit at her feet watching her knit and crochet and told myself that I would do that too one day. With life being as busy as it always is, I never got around to it until two years ago. I went to my first knitting meet up in February of 2007 and became addicted after just one meeting! (To tell you how much I knew, I showed up for the knitting meet up with CROCHET NEEDLES! I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and a nice woman by the name of Jennifer, ended up letting me borrow an extra set of needles she had brought along. She also taught me how to do the knit stitch and once I got that down, she taught me the purl stitch. She was awesome and had so much patience!)
In April of 2007, when we took our vacation to New Mexico, Nevada and California for two weeks, I started knitting a scarf for my brand new nephew, Diego (just for practice) and finished before we came home. Then, I liked the scarf so much that I started on a hat for him. From there, my desire to knit just grew and grew.
Knitting is relaxing and a good way to get my mind off other things. I started crocheting as well but have only finished one project so far. It was a little doggie sweater. It turned out really cute and I look forward to trying some more crochet projects in the future. Especially children and infant clothes! With crocheting, they turn out so cute!
0 Yorum var:
Sen de yaz