Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Library Fun Time

Today at the library was a show by Mr. Leebot at 11:15am. Both of my mom's groups had it on the calendar so I thought "Great, two playdates at one time!" The kids were sleeping soundly and I had to wake them up at 10:30 so we could get ready to go. We were out of the door by 10:50 and got to the library by 11:00. I took about 5 minutes or so to get some change for the vending machine and then we were in line. Wow! The library was so packed that the line to get in was out the door.


I stood with my friends Amanda and Bethany as we were waiting, got a picture of the kids sitting on the bench and then the library personel started letting people into the room. Everything was good until we got to the door. We were the next ones to go in when the lady came out and said "Sorry, no more can come in due to fire code restrictions". We were waving to a bunch of our friends that we saw in the room. Crystal and Jake, Keitha and Samuel, Kellie, Marshall and Kaylee and Amanda and Lauren were already sitting and Bethany, Riley and Lucas got in just ahead of us. Darn. But when we turned around, there was our friends Carla and Samara and our day turned around. Also, my friend Michelle came around the corner and I got to see her and Brenna for a little bit.

Photobucket

I let the kids get their snacks from the vending machine and then we signed up for the reading club. Carla took us to the outdoor section so the boys could finish their snacks, which was ideal because they burned off a lot of energy running around, and then we headed to the kids' section of the library. There we saw Naiomi, Elijah and Caleb. It was packed but the kids still had a lot of fun playing with the computer, finding books and putting together puzzles. Danny and Samara were glued to the hip... they loved playing with each other and were so cute. Carla, it was so fun hanging out with you guys. I hope to do it again real soon.

In the end, we didn't miss anything. It would have been nice to see the show but the kids had fun regardless and that's all that matters.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

0 Yorum var: