Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monkey Bread

So, at the Father's day playdate on Friday, Belinda made monkey bread and it was so delicious. But being the good dieter that I am, I only had one bite. Well, yesterday, I decided to make it for the family. I looked up the recipe on RecipeZaar.com and when it was done, I couldn't resist! I had several pieces with my coffee and it was so great. I had to alter the recipe quite a bit because I didn't have brown sugar or biscuits and I didn't want nuts in it but the way it came out tasted so much like glazed donut holes. It was so good.




Here is the original recipe with RecipeZaar.com:

Ingredients
  • 3 (8 ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans


Directions:

  1. Cut each biscuit in fourths with scissors.
  2. Shake biscuits in bag with sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Layer biscuits into greased tube pan.
  4. Sprinkle with nuts.
  5. Melt margarine and brown sugar and boil 1 minute.
  6. Pour over biscuits.
  7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
  8. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan.
  9. To serve, just pinch off pieces and eat with fingers.
My alterations:

I used 2 cans of Pillsbury pizza dough instead of the 3 cans of biscuits (that's what I had in the fridge) and then for the syrup, instead of brown sugar, I used 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup honey and 1 tsp. vanilla. Turned out great.

0 Yorum var: